In a motive to debilitate running of old vehicles on open main roads, the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways today gave a draft notice to build the expense of renewing of enrollment of vehicles older than 15 years.
The Road Ministry has given the Central Motor Vehicle (Amendment) Rules, 2021 which to be effective from October 1, 2021, under which it has proposed to raise the charge for renewal and grant of wellness declaration of vehicles older than 15 years.
Charges Are Implied According To The Vehicles
- For bikes older than 15 years the public authority has proposed to expand the charges to Rs 1,000. The charge for recharging and grant of wellness documentation of three-wheeler or quadricycles has been set at Rs 3,500, while the charge for light engine vehicles has been set at Rs 7,500.
- Essentially, Rs 10,000 will be charged for refurbishment and grant of wellness testament for medium products or traveler engine vehicles and Rs 12,500 will be charged for weighty merchandise or enormous traveler engine vehicles. On the off chance that a wellness authentication is taken after the expiry, an extra charge of Rs 50 every day will likewise be charged after the expiry.
- The advancement approaches on impact points of the intentional vehicle rejecting policy reported in the Union Budget on February 1 for 2021-22 which accommodates wellness test following 20 years for individual vehicles while commercial vehicles would require it after the fulfillment of 15 years.
- The reestablished enlistment of a 15-year-old vehicle will be legal for a long time and will be justifiable at every 5 years of regular intervals.
- The charge for directing tests for renewal of grants and wellness testaments for 15-year-old vehicles has likewise been made costly. For a manual motorcycle, Rs 400 should be paid, while for a mechanized one, a charge of 500 rupees will be exacted, the public authority notice said.
- An expense of Rs 800 should be paid to lead tests on manual light vehicles and three-wheelers more in use than 15 years, while Rs 1,000 has been fixed for automated adaptation on these vehicles.
- Proprietors of manual medium products/traveler vehicles, in use more than 15 years, should pay Rs 800 to lead tests for recharging of grants and wellness testaments. Rs 1,300 will be charged for automated renditions of the previously mentioned vehicles.
- On account of substantial merchandise/traveler vehicles Rs 1,000 will be charged for manual vehicles and Rs 1,500 for automated ones.
The Ministry has additionally requested that stakeholders submit a response on their proposition inside a time of 30 days.
- The public authority has likewise proposed to the set the enrollment charge for new motorcyles, and three-wheelers or quadricycles at Rs 300 and Rs 600, individually. The proposed enrollment charge for new light engine vehicle, medium products/traveler vehicles and weighty products/traveler vehicles has been set at Rs 600, Rs 1,000 and Rs 1,500, individually.
- Also the renewal of enlistment expense for motorcyles, and three-wheelers or quadricycles has been proposed to be set at Rs 1,000 and Rs 2,500, separately.
- While the reestablishment of enlistment expense for new light engine vehicle, medium products/traveler vehicles and substantial products/traveler vehicles has been set at Rs 5,000.
- Aside from this, assuming the renewing of the enrollment authorization is postponed, an extra Rs 300 should be paid for the bike each month, for the remainder of the vehicles, Rs 500 will be charged extra.